31 May, 2014
Lemon Bars Recipe
This is a guest and Innkeeper favorite! Like little bites of heaven every time... Enjoy! *Recipe makes 1 - 9x13 inch pan* Part One- The Crust
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Part Two- The Filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-4 lemons, juiced, about ¾ cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter (not melted), 2 cups flour and ½ cup sugar with a pastry blender or your hands. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 ½ cups sugar and ¼ cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the cooled baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool. After he pan has cooled completely, cut into uniform 2 inch squares and serve. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.